Zodiac Stone questions

David Gerstein ramapith at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:26:01 CEST 2015

	Hi Kriton - and oops! I somehow missed replying to this a couple weeks ago.

> What a wealth of information about the production background of the [IDW and Nea Aktina versions of the "Zodiac Stone"] story!
>
> As this seems to be of interest to Greek readers, can I post a translation of your reply to the Greek blog, to which I contribute?

	Sure! (Or maybe you already have by this time, but you've got my permission.)

>> (...mumble... eggs instead of turkey...)
>
> I assume this is the bit from the letter that I wrote to Gladstone way back when, that you used in the translation of "Colossus of the Nile".

	Yup. (-:

> Looking at the 1976 reprint, which most likely uses the same translation as the 1966 edition, to which I was referring in my letter, the only difference from what I'd written is that Scrooge was talking about turkey in tomato sauce. This sounds like an Italian recipe (turkey cacciatore, perhaps) so was that what Scarpa had written?

	Nope - the 1976 reprint must have added the tomato sauce (maybe some leftover tomatoes were hanging around after a battle between Donald, Gladstone, and Jones).
	The original Italian didn't mention tomato sauce at all; just finding eggs instead of turkey (maybe an explicitly *roast* turkey).

	Best, D

--
David Gerstein
ramapith at gmail.com