Pre War

Barry Branvold undbkb at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 17:13:07 CET 2016

> On Feb 2, 2016, Kriton wrote:
>
> I was wondering: does "pre-war" mean "ancient", metaphorically, in English, as
> it does in Greek? I find the idea of having a box proclaiming that it contains
> pre-war bonbons quite funny. (Eating said bonbons is, of course, not funny at
> all, which I assume is the reason for the modification in the story's reprint.)
>
> Kriton.

Pre war means before World War 2 (1940-45) NOT just ancient.
As someone else noted it is information intended for the reader of the comic, Because if it was created before WWII it wouldn’t say that
and if they were boxed after WWII with old (Pre War) material, the maker would not want buyers to Know That.