The Zodiac Stone

Francesco Spreafico francesco.spreafico at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:14:00 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM Kriton Kyrimis <
kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

The story was originally published in 12 issues of Topolino, in the space of
> three months. This is a lot of time for a kid to wait, so publishing the
> story
> in the course of an entire year seems absurd to me. What kid (or adult, for
> that matter) has the patience to wait an entire year, to read a story?
> Certainly not me, who resented having to wait for *an entire week* to read
> the
> second part of a two-part story!

How weird, for me it's the *exact opposite*. As a kid I *loved* multi part
stories, the longer, the better. You could really *live* inside the stories
for weeks, think about them, speculate on what could happen next, and
re-read them many times to be ready for the next part. "Paperolimpiadi",
"Zodiac Stone", "Messer Papero", "Marco Polo", "Il vento del Sud"... I have
the best memories of these, not only because they're great stories, but
also because the were kept alive for many weeks.

When Topolino started publishing multiparters on the same issue I was very,
very, very sad (and I still am!). Luckily we still get a few multipartes
nowadays...

(This list is still alive? Wow...)

--
Francesco