Carl Barks as Life's Work

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Thu Mar 15 23:55:24 CET 2018

Just this month, and for the first time in years, I find myself coloring some Cark Barks stories for publication, using the limited color chart by which I did my first coloring for Gladstone back in those dim, dark days of the late 1980s. Of course, back then it was by “traditional” methods: painting color guides using Dr. Martin’s dyes, doing color call-outs on same and then sending them to Chemical Color to make the actual color separations. Today it’s almost all happening right on my iMac. Much tidier, but it lacks some of the “romance” this sort of work once had.

Barks still reads great though!

Best,
Gary Leach
bangfish at cableone.net