Dickie Duck and Scrooge McDuck

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at talent.gr
Sun May 13 05:45:19 CEST 2018

JULIAN:

> You turn my question around. I asked why he could not be and not why it could be someone else.

Of course it could be, but there is no indication that it was someone else, other than the "Disney characters have nephews, not children" rule, every reason why it wasn't someone else (a young man and a young woman, who are obviously fond of each other, staying alone in a cabin for a month, are very likely to have sex, which in the days before birth control would result in them becoming parents) and, as I mentioned, we have indications that it did happen (Scrooge feels closer to Dickie than Donald, spending money on her, while treating Donald like trash, implying that Scrooge feels closer to his old flame's granddaughter than his sister's son.).

If Scarpa did not want us to think that Dickie is Scrooge's granddaughter, he would have made her an unspecified cousin of Donald, like Gladstone and Fethry, complying with the "only nephews" rule.

So, yes, it could be someone else, but I'd have a very hard time believing it.

Kriton.