Dumbella, Hortense, and Grandma

Pim Heeman phm at inducks.org
Tue May 15 21:59:05 CEST 2018

> > The Dutch name of Dumbella Duck in Life of Scrooge is even
> > 'Doortje', an alternative form of the Dutch name of Grandma Duck,
> > 'Dora', since the editors thought that Dumbella was the sister of
> > Scrooge! Despite that, in a weekly of this year, Grandma still calls
> > Scrooge 'dear brother'.
>
> You don't mean Dumbella (Donald's sister), but Hortense (Scrooge's
sister).

Yes, I mean Hortense. Dumbelle, Dora en Doortje has a nice alliteration
though.

> The Dutch editors have always stated that Grandma Duck is Scrooge's
sister.

In my first mail, I see that I expressed myself indeed not very clear. I
tried to say "since they thought Dumbella Duck and Grandma Duck were the
same person!" instead (copied from my second mail).

Pim Heeman