Don Rosa

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Aug 21 10:48:17 CEST 1992

Per Starback wrote:
Per> Anyway, now Don Rosa is working for Gutenberghus, the Danish producer
Per> of Disney comics, so there'll be more Rosa stories. (...)
Per> we in Scandinavia will probably see them first.  Nyaah nyaaah! :-)

It would be nice if you Scandinavians would inform us non-Sc. about a new
Rosa story when it appears.
BTW: The most recent Rosa story I know of is 'War of the Wendigo'. Is it about
Peeweegahs? If so, it will be published in Holland in september.

Per> Tore Urnes has made a Don Rosa index that was published on the net
Per> last year, and I've typed in the Rosa index that appeared in Swedish
Per> duck fanzine NAFS(k)uriren.  I think I remember list member Andrew
Per> Krieg writing that he was working on merging the information in the
Per> two lists.  Is that so?

Well, if he didn't, I did. I used Per's list and filled in the American
publications of the Danish stories, and all known Rosa covers (from Tore's
list and own observation).
I also replaced the Swedish publication issues by Dutch.
I sent this list on request to Melanie M. and George K. a few weeks ago.
Maybe someone [Andrew? Per? me?] could make a 'definite' Rosa-list and post
it as a sort of FAQ?

BTW: I don't know why Rosa went working for Holland during the Gladstone
period, but I can imagine why he stopped working for them: Dutch editor
Thom Roep DOES NOT LIKE the artwork of Rosa. He thinks it is too crowded,
too many background, too many text. (I disagree with him.)
That is why the Rosa stories appear only in the monthly "DD Extra" in Holland,
on less quality paper and using the Scandinavian colouring. The "Donald Duck"
weekly, the best sold, best quality Dutch Disney issue, only showed Rosa
stories a few times. And the hilarious 'Silver platter' story has still not
been published yet in Holland!

Harry Fluks
PTT Research, Leidschendam, Nederland
"It's gneiss"
"I think it's nice too, but what IS it?"