Profiles: Pete

rich.bellacera@amail.amdahl.com rich.bellacera at amail.amdahl.com
Thu Oct 8 17:03:00 CET 1992

> Darin (mary.fordham.edu!areid at juts) says:
> Hmmm....., No profile for Peg Leg/Black Pete?  I would certainly call him
> a major character in the Disney "mythos".  As Mickey's main villan for years
> and even Donald's/Uncle Scrooges, he is one of the most memorable characters
> in the Disney adventeure type stories.

I would agree!  Be sure that I too feel Pete is a major character not to be
dismissed off-hand.  You'll notice that the very first list I acknoweldged
this by placing him 6th (just after Daisy Duck) in importance.

Here is the list repeated.  Are there any others that anyone feels are VERY
important?

Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Donald Duck
Goofy
Pluto the Pup
Daisy Duck
Bad Pete
Clarabelle Cow
Horace Horsecollar
Clara Cluck
Peter & Patricia Pigg
Zeke Wolf (a.k.a. The Big Bad Wolf)
Chip'n Dale
Uncle Scrooge McDuck
The Nephews (Huey, Dewey & Louie)
Morty & Ferdie
The Three Little Pigs (Practical, Fiddler & Fifer)
Figaro the Kitten
Fifi the Peke
Butch the Bulldog
Gyro Gearloose
Gus Goose
Grandma Duck
Ludwig von Drake
Gladstone Gander
Ma Beagle & the Beagle Boys

These are the hallmark characters of the Mickey & Donald Universe and I
believe they deserve some respect, even if their entries are relatively brief.

I don't know of any others that should be tackled right away.  Perhaps after
these are established and firmed we can work on some of the other supporting
characters and universes.  Some may wonder why I've included Peter & Patricia
Pigg or Fifi & Figaro.  Concerning the first set, these two were originally a
part of Mickey's career but soon fell by the wayside.  They still make
appearances, but are relatively obscure in nature.  I felt they are part of
Mickey's legacy and deserve some notice.  As to the last two, these are two
very significant pets which belong to Minnie.  Both have established ties to
the M&D Universe and are somewhat important (especially Fifi who is the mother
of Pluto's puppies and a significant character in Minnie'n Me).

As for relatively insignificant recurring characters, anyone who wishes to
submit a short 'blurb' about the character (like the one Starback did) please
do so.  Perhaps someone could compile these, too and then they could be peiced
together in alphabetical order.  My software doesn't allow for this.  If I did
so, I'd have to eventually manually retype all of this information.  Any
volunteers?

-Rich