Don Rosa! Cool!!

rich.bellacera@amail.amdahl.com rich.bellacera at amail.amdahl.com
Fri Apr 16 10:12:00 CEST 1993

Maybe now we can get some 'official'(?) answers to the silly questions
surrounding colorschemes and heritage.

Outstanding verification needed:

How are Donald & HD&L really related (through his 'aunt' Della, or through his
'sister' Dumbella or Thelma)?

Is there a recognized color scheme for HD&L (e.g. Huey = Red; Dewey = Blue;
Louie = Green)?

Is there a full family tree which even links Gyro Gearloose and his nephew,
Newton, along with Gus Goose, Clara Cluck and others?

I'm sure there's a mess of questions we could ask, but seeing how Don actually
has some creative license and tacit approval (implied?) from Disney, perhaps
he knows the scoop.  I certainly realize it is easier to ask of Mr. Rosa than
to seek info from the Disney Archives....they did't seem to be very able.

Two final questions that I asked of the group long ago, to which these kindly
folks (especially Per) have been more than helpful:

What is/are the name(s) of Minnie's niece(s). We have a couple Scandanavian(?)
names (Tutton & Tone) but these could be just variants of the same character,
and a possible reference to someone named "Molly."  I have even read a
reference in a book about Mickey's life which related that the nieces and
nephews in audience when Mickey was telling the tale of "Gulliver Mickey" were
named "Maisie, Monty, Marmaduke, and Morrie."  Are thier names possibly Molly
and Maisie?

Whatever happened to the two dognose kids, Millie and Alvin, who were friends
of Mortie and often stayed with Minnie or Mickey?  They appeared in the news-
paper comics back in the late 60's and early 70's.

Don't say I never abused you! ;-)

Thanx
-RIch