Killmotor Hill, Women

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Apr 19 01:18:15 CEST 1993

Killmotor Hill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry:
> Scrooge's money bin is prominently situated on a hill
> (Rosa called it "Killmotor Hill". Is this a genuine Barks name?)
> on the place of old Fort Duckburgh.

Yep, it's from WDC 135.

  Nephews: "Unca Donald, what is that big building on Killmotor Hill?"
  Donald: "That, boys, is Uncle Scrooge's new *money bin*!"

It was time to get a new money bin right then, because the one he had
before that broke in the issue before that.

Women and Disney comics
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James:
> In the US, I can only think of two women who are involved in producing
> Disney comics.  One is a colorist and the other an editor.  I can't
> think of a single woman who writes or draws Disney Comics.  Is it the
> same way with Egmont?

I guess so.  They don't give credits here though, so it's hard to
know.

> In the US, almost every single story lead character is male.  I've never
> seen a story with Minnie in the lead and can only recall two stories
> spotlighting Dasey.  Does Egmont publish more stories with women
> characters?

Not often.  As for the old stuff there are of course Daisy Duck's
Diary with Daisy in the lead and often with April, May and June.
Pretty boring stories...

> If women like Disney, why aren't there stories geared toward them

Maybe because the (male) writers "gear" the stories to (the child/boy
in) themselves?  And how do you gear stories toward men or women
anyway?  (Besides using characters of both sexes.  The shortage of
interesting female characters in the duck universe is pretty obvious
to me.)

> and why aren't there more woman working on Disney Comics?

Is Disney really exceptional?  I thought rather few women worked in the
American commercial comics industry at all.  (As apart from the (post)
underground.)
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Women!  I hate 'em!" -- Donald Duck in WDC 111