Don Rosa fund

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Apr 26 18:06:27 CEST 1993

Don Rosa:

> Well, this can't go on much longer! Each time I glance at and answer
> even these digests, it's costing me about $4-$5 since I'm not using
> TAPCIS or anything (never needed it till now).

         "
Per Starback:

> What is TAPCIS?  I really hope you won't leave us.  What do you all
> say?  Should we create a D.O.N. fund (= Don On the Net) to keep him
> here if we D.O.N.-ate enough?

Yes, let's give it the motto "Donate U.s. Currency for Keno" (Keno being
Don's first name). Don could even advertise this himself by putting
"D.U.C.K." in the first panels of his stories...

But how could we get the money to Don?

Isn't there a way to do things cheaper, e.g. downloading messages, off-line
editing, uploading the answers?

BTW: Don's story about Nostrildamus has just been reprinted in Holland (DD
Extra 4, 1993). The translation is quite good. DD Extra 5 will reprint
Don's story "Treasure Under Glass". I guess they will reprint a Rosa
story in every DD Extra; maybe to keep the collectors buying it since
they don't reprint Barks paintings anymore...
(From 1987 to 1992, every [monthly] issue of 'DD Extra' had a reproduction
of a Barks oil painting on the back. They stopped this, because they ran out
of reproduceable paintings.)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                    ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam      (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"