David's WDC 589

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Tue Dec 7 09:37:50 CET 1993

David:

      Nice work, if you can get it... ...and you got it!!! That was a nice
scripting, to my mind, with a fairly Barksy touch. Your "Danish" pun was indeed
immediately spotable to a Scandinavian like meself; I wouldn't bet on a Central
European to get it, though... One question mark: on page one, second panel,
Donald says "Hey! What the heck?! The jar's full of ANTS!". I always thought
the expletive "what the heck" meant something like "so what?", but then again,
English isn't exactly my mother tongue, and I do of course realise that it is a
milder form of "what the hell", or so I would assume.

Don:

    I thought lice was what injuns GREW to from nits; isn't that the
"colourful" rationale for killing papooses (or is that papeese?) that some
cavalry commander is supposed to have given his men before charging some camp?

Just curious!

Mattias