Digest #52

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Jul 6 16:04:07 CEST 1993

COMMENTS ON #SOMETHING OR OTHER:

	Dana Gabbard is a nice fella... but I'm afraid he was MUCH too long in submitting that interview to COMICS JOURNAL! The interview
took place about 4 or 5 years ago, when Gladstone was still in business the FIRST time! Since then Gladstone went, Disney came, Disney
screwed everything up, Disney went, Gladstone came back, and I went to work for Egmont (with the UNIVERSE of new info and adventures
that that involved) and I came to my "deal" with Disney concerning the return of my artwork. In other words, what is NOT covered in
that interview FAR outweighs what IS. It's like publishing an interview with the President of the USSR that was conducted in 1985.
And there's no indication that the JOURNAL will have any interest in the thing; you know how apathetic American comic fans are towards
anything to do with Disney comics.
	He SHOULD scrap that interview and do a whole NEW one... but it would then take him 4 years to type THAT one up.