Goofy celebrities and Clerkly

Larry Gerstein gerstein at math.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 30 02:04:13 CEST 1993

        Hi, Folks!

        First time I've actually gotten out to my Dad's office (which is
now NOT walking distance from home, and I don't drive... yet), and there
were tons of digests waiting, of course.  Hoo!  Hah!

        I'm still in the middle of them, but, before I go on:

        In case Don Rosa doesn't get an answer (and there's probably one in
the next digest I haven't looked at...) Scrooge's dogface accountant
Clerkly (he of the hornrimmed glasses and the continuous nervousness)
appeared not only in "Lost Beneath the Sea" but "So Far and No Safari" as
well, and perhaps some others.  He's in both of the two new Scrooge stories
I've done for Egmont (and may be in some future ones, too).

        By the way... I'm proud to say that my first script is now in the
process of being drawn by Daniel Branca!!!!!!!!!!

        Now the other important topic:  One other of the Goofy "historical
bio" stories has seen print here:  Goofy Frankenstein, which was in
Disney's GOOFY ADVENTURES #1 and 2, in two parts.  They cut about half of
it out, I think, and somehow it still seemed to make perfect sense.  You go
figure.

        Well, I'll head for the hills for the time being!

        Your friend,

        David Gerstein

        (By the way... the 1946 two-week Mickey Mouse story "Goofy the Kid"
is in GA #9 as "The Goofy Crooner".  A Gottfredson strip story, I mean.  I
forgot to supply that info for the reference morgue.)