The ftp archive, the digests

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Tue Jun 1 18:26:47 CEST 1993

When George Kesidis asked about a Don Rosa index Harry mentioned the
one at the ftp archive and how to get it with anonymous ftp.  He added:
> [If you have troubles using ftp, I (or Per) can mail a copy to you.]

There is also (as I nowadays mention in the welcoming message) a ftp
mail server at lysator, so anyone with access to email can access
those files.  As an example of how to use it send mail to
ftpmail at lysator.liu.se with no Subject: header line and this in the
letter to get the Don Rosa index as well as a general help message on
how to use ftpmail.

CD pub/comics/disney
DIR
SEND don-rosa
HELP
QUIT

David Gerstein corrected and commented upon some things in the
"HOOZOO" file on Mickey at that archive and also wrote:
>	I hope you guys find this useful.  If it gets someone to give
> Mickey another chance, it's worth every moment it took to write.  I'd
> also like to do Hoozoos for Minnie and Goofy, if you'd let me.

I've added your piece to the characters/mickey-mouse file.  These
"Hoozoo" files were ex-list member Rich Bellacera's idea, but I guess
he wouldn't mind anyone else continuing on them.  As for me, I don't
care particularly much for his fixed format, and if I did it (like I
wrote a file on HD&L) I'd use "free format" text.  But that's your
choice of course---I'll gladly put anything that might be of use on
the archive (except when I'm too lazy---just nag on me until I fulfill
my archive duties when I don't).

The digests:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry:
> I've been wondering how the Digests are compiled: do you have a
> program for that, or do you collect the mails manually?

I still do it partly manually.  Of course I should get some mailing
list software that does that and other things for me, but I haven't.
Yet.  If I'd be leaving town for a longer time than a couple of days
I'd find someone else to do it in the meantime.

> And about our archives at the ftp-site: there are new versions coming up
> of the Gladstone list and the Disney Comics list. Next week!

Great!
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"