Our indices (Gosh Polly! It just might work!)

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Fri Jun 18 02:45:59 CEST 1993

On Wednesday, 16 June 1993, Don Rosa wrote:
> Don Rosa:
> > 	First off, do I see mention here of a need for an index to WDC&S? I
> > indexed the ENTIRE contents of each issue of WDC&S from #1-400,
> > all the way down to the text features, years ago in RBCC when I was comic
> > fandom's answer guy. DON'T ask me to upload it!!!!!
> > I guess I only mention it to aggravate everyone? But I'm constantly hearing
> > of people launching in-depth indexes to Disney comics
> > even though they were all thoroughly indexed in the late 60s and early 70s
> > (albeit in magazines that many current collectors are
> > not familiar with).

Don, I was not aware of your involvement with RBCC.  I did know that you
had a column in the Comics Buyer's Guide (CBG).  Why not offer your index
to them?  I do not see any reason why they would not publish it, although
it would be best in serial form.

Here's a crazy idea:  (Think Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland as teenagers)

Everyone sends Mr. Rosa a stamped, self addressed envelope (or, if to be
sent air-mail, include a dollar bill instead of stamps).

Mr. Rosa photocopies his Disney index and mails a copy to everyone who
asked for it.

Then, all of us who get a copy would get together, and each of us would
take part of the list, and word-process it.  Then we would mail it to a
central source, where the list would be assembled and archived, thereby
earning us the gratitude of future generations.

What do you all think?