Donald Duck Adventures 24 (SPOILERS)

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Wed Nov 17 21:01:45 CET 1993

Donald Duck Adventures #24 just came out, here's my 2 cents worth:

I liked the William Van Horn story ("The Black Moon", D92207) very
much, but there were a couple of choppy instances where it seemed like
a page had been edited out and replaced with a small narration panel.
Does anyone know whether this story was originally 21 pages long?

The second story was a Danish 5-pager ("The Talking Mailbox", D92030
by Ingelise McCandles and Charlie Martin, translated by Gary Gabner)
which struck me as being most juvenile.  I'm sure that there is *good*
stuff out there, why doesn't Gladstone print it?

The inside back cover actually had a one page gag!  (Unfortunately,
there *were* advertisements elsewhere in the issue :-) )  I was
pleased that they put a one-pager here, but it didn't strike me as
that funny or that well done.  Ah, well.  Aside from a noticeable
"Hamilton" signature displayed near the top (whose presence struck me
as somewhat odd - just what is its significance?) and the code
(D91323), I could find no creator credits for it.