Varia

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Nov 24 14:04:56 CET 1993

Don:

    I think that's a fair enough assumption on your part - that Stefan, at
least when something interests him, like your work does - puts more effort into
the job than his (nominal) pay demands; actually I think that sort of challenge
is a kinda pay in itself. It's obvious too (since the pun had disappeared in
the Norwegian translation) that not every translator feels, as you put it,
compelled to translate every last pun or joke in your scripts. And since
there's no way that you could possibly adapt your scripts to suit any
particular translator's needs, not to mention all of them, and since you
probably wouldn't care for that sort of thing any old way - where is the
problem? In my humble (but as usual loudmouthed) opinion you should go on doing
what your doing - i.e. being as funny & punny in your own language as you
yourself care to be; and I for one am just plain & dad-blasted HAPPY that you
care enough to put more sweat & toil into your work than you'll probably
ever'll get temporally rewarded for!!!

Bjorn-Are:

          (and a few others); there is a minor technicality I'd like to take up
with you. You are, I guess?, working on some kind of personal computer?
Macintosh or IBM/compatible? Because when I get your postings, who am working
at a VAX/VMS terminal, every line gets "broken off" within a few characters
of the end of that line. My screen can only show 80 characters width, so if you
could perhaps make your postings "narrower", they would be much easier to read.

Just a thought...

Mattias