Disney-comics digest #80.

Larry Gerstein gerstein at math.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 2 02:31:21 CEST 1993

Per:

>The two issues of "The Uncensored Mouse" that Eternity published with
>Mickey Mouse comics strips that were in the public domain are
>currently being discussed in rec.arts.comics.misc.  (Well, all of it
>were *not* in the public domain, as Disney was able to stop them, but
>most it was.)
>
>Exactly what stories were in those issues?  The Mystery Island (the
>very first one), I've gathered, but what more?

Greetings, folks!

        I'm back at my Dad's office for the ONLY time before I leave for
Williams College (on Monday).  The bit quoted above is from the most recent
letter I've read.  Uncensored Mouse #1 had most of "Lost on a Desert
Island", which is the official American name for this story, and #2
finished it.  #2 also had about the first 3 weeks of "Mickey Mouse in Death
Valley," just enough to prove that Abbeville butchered this one more than
any other, completely rewriting the dialogue in many entire strips.
Actually, the original seems like a pretty good story, although as it
stands now John Clark says it's too long for WDC&S.  Ah, well...

        Per, please begin sending these Digests to
David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu which is once again my address as of NOW.
(Sorry to be so abrupt, but I know I won't get back here again.)  Thanks!

        When I get through reading all the digests, I'll have a more
detailed response.  (I'll *also* offer a large update for wdc.index,
including to WDC&S #9 (which I got at the San Diego Con, where I also had
the pleasure of meeting Don Rosa!!!)

        Your friend,

        David Gerstein