+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #94.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Sep 9 15:08:35 CEST 1993

COMMENTS ON DIGEST #94:
	This is digest #94? Seriously? That many?
	I wasn't missing some, was I? The last I saw a new Digest was
last Friday or thereabouts (Sept. 3).
	Which leads me to something I don't think I know the exact
answer to: this Digest only goes to a certain number of people in this
"Disney" group which exists over on some other BBS (than where I am -
COMPUSERVE)... is that right? How many people are in that Disney-group
nowadays, and how many DON'T see this digest and the stuff that is
posted here???

	In other news, I have something for any Norwegian Duckfans out
there: from about the 23rd to the 29th of THIS month I will be in and
around Oslo (my 5th visit, I think?). This is to help promote Norway's
"Year of the Book" and my Uncle $crooge tie-in adventure which will be
published in a special 32-page supplement with the weekly during the
first week of October... this is that "Guardians of the Lost Library"
story. They are working on all sorts of activities for me, including
newspaper and TV interviews, and some sorta press conferences with me
and the Head Librarian of Norway (I think it's great that a ANY
librarian would be seen in connection with a comic book -- comic books
in THIS country are not very highly regarded by librarians, and the
typical American comic book SHOULDN'T be!). I'm also supposed to have
appearances with ambassadors and/or representatives from Egypt, where
they are currently rebuilding the Library of Alexandria (the focus of my
story) and from CHINA -- though I'm not sure about the reasoning for
that one, other than Egmont is currently in the early stages of
launching their Disney comics throughout China (I'm not sure whether, as
an American, I should refuse to be seen with Chinese officials until
they restore the human rights of waterfowl or something, but I'll do
what the nice Egmont people want). I'm also going to do a public comic
signing somewhere; on my previous trips my signings have been at "comic
book specialty shops" where the hardcore comic fans shop... but this
time they plan to find which store in Oslo sells the most copies each
week of DONALD DUCK & CO. and I'll be there to sign for the "average
buyers". These are all tentative details, but I WILL be in Oslo doing
something or other.
	Where's Geir Hasnes? I know you live quite some distance away
from Oslo, and I certainly won't suggest I'm worth a special trip, but
if you happen to be down that way be sure to call Egmont and try to find
me. You know Svein-Erik Soland, the editor-in-chief? If you get him a
message, he'll put us in touch somehow.
	I look forward to lots more Lutte-fisk and counter-poison.