+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #105.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Sep 21 05:44:01 CEST 1993

Harry, Harry:

	How often do you address a note like the above? Or address
someone in that fashion at all, in any way-shape-or-form? You don't.
	The fella's name is Bop Bop, perhaps written as "Bop, Bop".

	Also, that "Voodoo Hoodoo" story was not censored the last time
it was used in Holland, whenever that was... but it is NOW. The original
version is banned except in the form that appeared in the Gladstone
BARKS LIBRARY and/or their album #16. Disney refused to allow them to
reprint that story until the art was altered, and when it was Disney
adopted that version as the "official" version for all future
reprintings. I had the dilemma of how to depict the characters from that
story when I dealt with Foola Zoola and Bombie in my chapter 11. I was
told that if I didn't draw the character's lips and noses as they were
shown in the Gladstone books, my story could not be used. And even if I
did draw it in the 1949 style, it wouldn't match any other uses of the
story, certainly none in America since 1949 and none in any other
country for a loooong while, so it would be sorta pointless.
	Finally I drew the noses and lips the same, but I gave Foola
Zoola his sharpened teeth back. But teeth and noses aside (ouch), the
way I draw Bombie with all my grotesque detailing, I imagine they will
realize that they haven't banned that story enough, and take further
action. Even my modernized Bombie looks VERY politically incorrect and
stereotypical, which is my way of saying that if Disney thinks that my
Peeweegahs are insulting, wait till they see my Bombie.