Voices

Anders Berglund Anders.Berglund at eua.ericsson.se
Fri Sep 24 14:10:49 CEST 1993

Some people have said (or written - Wonder what they sound like?)
several things about Scrooge's accent, e. g.:

> > When I first read Uncle Scrooge comics in my youth, I heard Scrooge in
> > my head with an American accent.

---
> Note Scrooge speech in The Old Castle's Secret where Barks first
> told us of Scrooge's Scottish heritage, by the way!  He calls the boys
> lads repeatedly, and says "aye" instead of yes.
> --       "
> Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se

I just want to add that there is a reference to Scrooge's accent in
Mystery of the Swamp (if I remember the title right; what I mean is the
mid-sixties US story with the Brutopian consul and the little box that
makes dogs able to grasp integral calculus...; Tr|stl|sa Tr{sket i Swedish).

It's when Donald meets Scrooge, who doesn't remember who he is. After having
been told that this old duck is not at all his uncle, but a "senor Pato",
Donald looks bewildered after him, thinking that "he sure sounded like
Scrooge - the same broad Duckburg accent"
(or something to that extent; This is taken from my memory version of the
Swedish translation).

Anders Berglund, Stockholm, Sweden.