Replies part 5

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Sep 24 15:49:59 CEST 1993

Andy:
> I have only seen the Gladstone version of Bombie.  Where can I look to
> see the original Barks' version?

Per:
> You'd have to look in the original Donald Duch One Shot #238 I guess.

Or look at a foreign reprint, of course. Voodoo Hoodoo has been reprinted
in a more original form (but translated, of course) in Holland and
Germany, at least.

> Of course I don't have that by the way.  According to Barrier's book
> the editors substituted "done for" for "dead" on page 1 and 22 of that
> story (but left "dead" unchanged on page 6).  It seems like Another
> Rainbow redone those changes at least

Yes, they did, and they explained this in the Gladstone Album where it was
reprinted. It's funny that this kind of explanations were not in the CBL,
only in the albums. They didn't even mention the censoring in the CBL,
although a model sheet drawing of Bombie is shown in its original form.

--Harry.