Scrooge's Money Bin (or Moneybin)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Apr 6 18:21:26 CEST 1994

James asked about the money bin. Again I can answer part of his questions
by quoting Don in an old message. This quote and many others are (or
will soon be) available in a 'don-rosa' file on our ftp site.
For those who don't know how to use ftp, send a message to me, and I'll
send you the file.

--quoting Don Rosa:--
. Yes, $crooge's Money Bin has been dumped, converted to bills,
. moved, and utterly destroyed in many stories, a few of which *I* did.
. But in spite of how I view certain historical aspects of Barks' stories
. as set-in-stone (and I seek to set-into-Impervium with my series), there
. are other aspects of the Ducks that I do not regard or treat with such
. solid conviction. Though I always insist that the Bin looks exactly the
. same and is always on the same hill (something Barks changed
. constantly), on t'other hand, no matter HOW many times it is emptied or
. converted or destroyed, by the next story I choose to disregard that as
. a non-fact and treat the Bin as having never been disturbed since it was
. first built and filled. Maybe my frame of reference is that anything
. that happened before "current times" is hard fact; anything that happens
. in a new story is forgotten by the next story, as if it never occured.
. This might be one way to explain my attitude that time in Duckburg
. stopped moving forward around 1955. I keep telling stories on a 1955
. slate, then wiping it clean for another 1955 story.
--end quote--

--Harry.