Swedish Brothers Won't Spare Dimes

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Fri Apr 8 17:08:26 CEST 1994

HELLO, ALL!

           As per promise, I've checked with Stefan Dios about his translation
of the punchline to "Brother, Can You Spare A Dime". What he did was change the
gag/pun for a similar, but weaker pun/gag. He has HD or L (whomever) say that
the box contains "En tr{mask, som nynnar 'Kronbruden'". Litterally, this means
"A woodworm, humming /a tune called/ 'The Crown Bride'". This is a pun on the
fact that $crooges dime isn't a dime in Swedish, but a Swedish krona --
although it does, which Stefan freely admits, not contain any specific or
direct appeal to $crooge to part with his first krona, or any krona for that
part. "Kronbruden"/"The Crown Bride" is a genuine piece of music, though!

Someone wanted to know, right?!

Hmm...

Mattias

!* Mattias Hallin ** <Mattias.Hallin at Jurenh.lu.se> ** Phone: +46 46-14 84 43 **!
!* Trollebergsvagen 24 B ***** Work: Lund University, Box 117, S-221 00 Lund **!
!* S-222 29 Lund, SWEDEN **************************** Phone: +46 46-10 71 37 **!
!** "Say don't you remember? They called me 'Al'! It was 'Al' all the time! ***!
!*** Say, don't you remember? I'm your pal!! Brother, can you spare a dime?" **!