Disney-comics digest #298.

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Wed Apr 13 18:53:55 CEST 1994

On two separate ocassions today's digest starting talking about
Disney's newspaper strips.  Once about L'il Hiawatha (a character I
cannot ever recall having seen) and then Bucky Bug.  My knowledge about
Disney's newspaper strips is minimal at best.  What Disney strips have
existed? When did they run? Which characters did they feature? And, Who
worked on them?

>Thanks for reminding me of that.  I do remember reading those stories
>in previous lives of Gladstone (and Disney).  Now were those gleeful
>reader responses from kids, or folks who had read Bucky Bug before?

Tryg, I cannot speak for anyone else.  But, I had never read a
Bucky Bug story until about three years ago.  All it took
was one story to get me hooked.

>Last year a similar series (called "Paperinik and other suoperheroes")
>was out, reprinting msainly Italian stories with Paperinik, and a few
>classical American stories with SuperGoofy.

Fabio, who is Paperinik?  I've never heard of this character?

James Williams