DONALD DUCK #286 published?

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Thu Apr 21 00:10:41 CEST 1994

	Dear Folks,

	I'm wondering if DD #286 has come out this week.  If so, it
has probably hit the comic shops today.

	I'm not so desperate to get it that I'm after someone to mail
it to me before it reaches the local drug store (thank you, Mark ;-),
but I do wonder exactly what's in it, and particularly whether there
are any suspicious gaps in continuity other than Sundays.

	What's on the cover... and is there a 1-page ad for all the
month's issues somewhere, or a blurb for DD 286 in the letter column?

	I have to admit that "The Secret of Mars" is going to
absolutely stun American readers who most certainly have seen nothing
like it -- art is a bit like Wilhelm Busch in places.  I don't mean
"stun" as in "amaze with fantastic detail," I just mean surprise,
because I don't think most people realize that foreign DD stories
actually predated "Pirate Gold."
	As a story, it has its moments.  I don't really know what it's
going to feel like, given that Bruce Hamilton apparently wrote an
English version almost exactly like the original Italian.  I hope he
at least put it into duck-speak.

	That's all for now, folks.

	David Gerstein
	<David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu>