Disney-comics digest #312.

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Fri Apr 29 17:13:20 CEST 1994

>>If Disney had never taken over from Gladstone, does anyone
>>think that Gladstone would be more successful now?

Perhaps.  As Don noted, sales dropped from 70,000 to 40,000 during
their run.  I myself believe a big part of the decline was due to
the massive price increase.  Jumping from $.95 to $1.50 was a huge increase,
especially when most of the more popular super-hero comics were still in
the $1.00-1.25 range.

I remember as a kid, scrimping and saving so I could afford a .25 or .30
comic.  Kids today have it very, very rough!  Since we are an adult group
discussing Disney comics, we tend to forget that kids are a large part of
comic sales.

I cringe every time I see a price increase now.  They raise prices .25 at
at a time (no more nickel and dime stuff).  I find this outrageous.  The
most recent increases were totally greed motivated, as inflation has been
held in check for quite some time now.

How do prices for Disney comics in other countries compare to the current
Gladstone pricing?