Disney-comics

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Wed Dec 7 00:38:38 CET 1994

On Mon, 5 Dec 1994, Mike Pohjola wrote:
> FREDRIK:
>     Who's Daan Jippes? Some dutch guy? And Vicar? He's probably italian
> - is he the one, whose characters have those phony eyes, that look like
> they're not drawn whole? And Branca? Who the heck is he?

I'm certainly not the best person to answer this. I think I can fairly
well identify all three at a glance, but I do not know much about them.
Others have already replied about Vicar. Harry know more about Jippes,
but he is indeed Dutch as you suspect (although I think he lives in the
US now). Many regard him as the best active Disney artist. Of Branca I
know nothing except that he works for Egmont.

  /F