Norwegian index

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Thu Dec 15 15:04:02 CET 1994

Fredrik to Jo/rgen:
> The only main difference I can find between your format and Harry's
> is that you specifically note continuation stories. (Or do you have a
> proposed standard for that and I just missed it, Harry?)

I have a standard for that in the new versions of the _original_ files.
My programs transform this indication to a comment like [part 1] behind
the story's title, so you don't see it's standard in the _output_ files.

> The extras may be a bit of a problem, but Anders
> should face the same sooner or later. How do you handle that, Anders?

The "B-nummer" are in a separate list as if they were separate comics.
If that's what you mean.

> 1) Using }{|][\.
> 2) Latin-1.

I vote for 1), or maybe another solution would be to:

3) use <aa>, <o">, <a">, <o/>, <ae> with or without the <>. It would
   then still be (a bit) readable, and still easily convertible. And I
   wouldn't have problems with the [] that currently appear as comment
   characters.

Since I know now how to use UUencode, my only problem with Latin-1
is that I can't get it from ftp! The ftp mail service (somehow) converts
the characters to d's and v's and stuff.

--Harry.
(Have you ever been in Dlvsjv?)