Old Disney comics

Ed Berndt eberndt at mirage.esd123.wednet.edu
Sun Dec 18 04:31:36 CET 1994

Hi,

  I usually just lurk.  However, I have a question that I have been
wondering about for awhile.  I hope that you will have patience with my
ignorance.  First a little background. I have been collecting Donald Duck
and Scrooge McDuck stories since I was 6 years old. I started buying and
collecting them in 1956.  I have continued buying and collecting them.  I
have every Donald Duck Comic and Scrooge McDuck comic every published
from 1956 thru 1988. At that time, they were hard to find.  However, I
have many of them with only a few missing.

  Now for my question.   I have hear everybody talking about Barks, Don
Rosa etc.  How can you tell if they did these comics?  Are they signed or
something?  I have comic books that Don Rosa did and they were great. I
know they were his because it was said in the letters section by the
publisher etc.  I really enjoyed them.  I would like to be able to know
who did my other comics.

  I have one more question that I hope somebody could help me with.  All
my comics are in very good or excellent shape. I have them in plastic
covers to protect them.  I would like to insure my comics but I do not
know what their value may be except what I paid for them. I assume that
they are worth more than that since I bought some when their selling
price was 10 cents and up.

    I know that these questions show a lot of ignorance on my part  but I
am hoping that someone on the list could help me.  :-)   :-)

   I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me with these
questions.  :-)   :-)   :-)

   Have a good day!  :-)  :-)

Sincerely,

Ed Berndt
Basin Elementary                                      * *
E-Mail Address: eberndt at mirage.esd123.wednet.edu       @
:-)   :-)    :-)  :-)  Have a good day. :-) :-)       <->