From RoC

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen lrn at daimi.aau.dk
Thu Feb 10 15:09:19 CET 1994

If you happen to walk the streets of London, England, you may enjoy
a visit to a so-called "Disney Store" there. The address is:
Regent Street 140, London W1.
Apparently all sorts of Disney merchandise including pins, hats,
movies, watches, towels, and school equipment can be purchased.
Comics are not explicitly mentioned, but it's jolly worth a try.
("You...do *have* some cheese, don't you?"
 "Of course, sir. It's a cheese shop, sir. We've got--" :)

From: Don
---------
>TO ALL YOU EUROPEANS!:
>        In a recent Danish comic I saw an ad for an Uncle $crooge
>wristwatch that looked like a pretty decent piece of goods. [...]
>Can anyone find me some NICE European $crooge wristwatch???

Sorry. I don't recall any such offer, and a search of this years Dutch,
Danish, Swedish, Norwegian an Finnish issues just revealed different
clocks/watches with other Disney characters. (The Dutch looks like it's
made from plastic and cardboard!) Could it have been a German comic?

From: Fabio
-----------
>>Fabio, could I somehow obtain your and Alberto Beccatini's (sp?) index?
>Actually, Ferioli is not Italian! He is a Spanish author [...]

Why, that's what I *meant* with the abbreviation 'sp.'! Of course, the
questionmark should have been a full stop and the parenthesis should not
have been after Becattini's name, which was also garbled DUE TO A TYPO!
I blame it all on my text editor; after all, I'm *never* wrong! ;)

>[...]
>I can send you some more information, if you are interested. Btw, I do not
>like any story from Comicup, even if I admit I never saw any of his
>'signed' stories (no Comicup author got any acknowledgment, so I guess he
>is working freelance)

I never saw any of his *unsigned* works, but he got frequent credits
during the brief period when such were printed in Denmark. So Ferioli is
his real name, not a pseudonym?

>[...]
>And about the Index: sorry to say, but no updated index exists!! There is
>only an old version by Franco Fossati published in 1982 in issues 1 and 2
>of the magazine 'If'. [...]
>If some of you is interested, I could find those two issues for 30-40$,
>more or less.

You can sign me up, though it's a steep price. Am I supposed to haggle?
("No, no, no. It's not worth ten. You're supposed to argue: 'What? Ten
  for that, you must be mad!'" :)

From: Harry
-----------
>American artist Don Chips and Dutch writer Fred de Milton are rumored
>to be the creative staff on 'Rebel Babies' from LucasComics.

Ahem. "Who got 'Dinos vs. Stormtroopers' and the 'Indian Naz...'" Sorry:
"What good do niece..." *Who* wrote this stupid script anyway? :)

>Subject: a review and questions about US 285 (Lo$ 1)
>[...]
>The first page was not in the Dutch version, so I assume Don drew it
>especially for Gladstone. (Am I right?)

No, you are wrong. It was already in the Danish edition, which also had
a special cover for chapter 1 and 2. Incidentally, Don also drew a cover
for the Lillehammer story so far only used in Norway. Nice cover, that
would have looked fine on the US edition. But I couldn't help noticing
...uh, I don't know how to put this... maybe Don made a small
(<THUMP! THUMP!> "A *pillow*! Have you gone completely mad?)
error.
Donald's ski seems to be overlapping the tip of one of HD&L's skis?!
Also, I'm not sure if it has been mirrored: the line of motion is from
right to left, which is unusual. Then again, Don's covers often require
to be 'read', like a story from left to right, so it's probably right.
BTW: do Gladstone have any new art done for them at all? I thought that
Don was being paid by Egmont, even if they don't use his covers much.

<oLe 'RoC' Reichstein Nielsen, c/o Lasse 'Spot' R.N. (lrn at daimi.aau.dk)>