Disney-comics digest #197.

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Mon Jan 10 16:45:00 CET 1994

PER writes:
>>"Roll out the velvet carpet!  Sound the klaxons!  The master actor of
>> the ages has arrived!" (Donald in WDC 128)
>>PS: What is a klaxon, by the way?

Actually it should be capitalized, as Klaxon is a trademark for a loud horn
formerly used on automobiles.

DON:
Have you located your cache of Captain Kentucky books yet?  I still would like
to purchase one of the volumes (I forget which one I need at the moment).

GARY LEACH:
Welcome to the Disney mailing list!  Please don't take any personal offense
at some of the Disney/Gladstone bashing that may take place here (like my
P.S. below).  We're just a bunch of very frustrated Disney fans who only want
the best for our comics.  I would like to thank you for the excellent line of
graphic albums you have produced so far.  I cherish my complete collection.
I'm one of those oddballs who prefers comics in color, hence I didn't purchase
the Carl Barks Library.  The current line of graphic album reprints have been
a godsend to me.

Is there any way we can get some of the earlier Carl Barks trading cards, from
back when they were randomly inserted into the albums)?  I get my comics from
a mail-order subscription company, so I have no control over what copies I get
of books.  I ended up with 3 Bolivars, and I'm missing the Heuy, Dewie and
Louie and the Black Pete cards.

P.S.  Is anyone else hacked off at Gladstone for not reprinting any new
      Gottfredson strips?  Oh boy, we get Hoppy the Kangaroo again.  Yippee!
      :^(