Disney-comics digest #208.

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Tue Jan 11 13:53:04 CET 1994

>Is anyone else hacked off at Gladstone for not reprinting any new
>Gottfredson strips?  Oh boy, we get Hoppy the Kangaroo again.  Yippee!

Actually, I understand Gladstone's reasoning on this.  They see their
comic album and comic books as seperate lines.  Though Hoppy has been
a comic album, it hasn't been a comic book.  The other reason is
production costs.  Converting Gottfredson's newspaper strips into
comic book form takes a lot of work.

What I don't understand is why Gladstone converts Gottfredson's strips
into comic book format.  Mickey Mouse in Color (I think that was the
books name) reprints the actual strips and they look great.  I for one
would prefer Gladstone to reprint the actual strips.

James Williams