Gus Goose and Stefan Dios (no connexion!)

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Jan 12 09:44:26 CET 1994

DON:

    I'll forward your information to Stefan A.S.A.P., and get back to you
likewise with his reply.

LASSE R. and FREDRIK:

                     concerning first appearance of Gus Goose, I think the
cartoon and the Taliaferro story were concieved and produced more or less
simultaneously, and interdependently - that's what I remember reading when
(old) Gladstone published the Taliaferro a few years ago. In the comic, at
least, the letter to Donald is dated "Honker-on-the-Hudson", alerts him to a
visit from his "cousin Gus", and is signed "aunt Fanny". The cartoon I haven't
seen, but I seem to recall reading that Barks was involved in the gags.

Y'ALL:

      I'm going to start collating that list of introduc(k)tions I've been
talking about, so please: all of you who want to be on it, please send ME (not
the list) a reasonably short posting, introducing yourself anyway you'd like
to. Name, wherefrom you hail, and where you live, and what you do besides
participate on the list, and what your particular Disney or Donaldistic
interests might be... anything you'd like to tell us all about. My e-mail is
"Mattias.Hallin at jur.enh.lu.se".

Bye for now

Mattias