Ugly duckling found a home.

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at dione.pt.hk-r.se
Fri Jan 28 22:01:10 CET 1994

Even wrote:
> My ugly duckling found a home with Fredrik Ekman
> who had other Arab versions, so my ward will not be alone.
>
> (In other words - Fredrik knew what he was getting
> and *still* wanted it???))

Why, sure! I think them Arabian Disneys are just great! Sort of...

> So maybe he or someone else can answer something that
> puzzeled Geir end me: Why is Gyro without a hat in
> this edition? It has been removed, making Gyro look somewhat
> with a strange tonsure.

In the two Arabian comic books I have before, not only is Gyro's
hat removed, but so is Scrooge's, Donald's and Goofy's hats, and
even Mickey's cap! HD&L's caps seem to be OK, though. I've often
wondered about this, but Wilmer's explanation that they mustn't
appear to be Jewish seems as good as any. Other interesting details
about these comics are extensive redrawing of word balloons in
order to make them fit in the right-to-left reading order, poor
printing and extremely bad colouring. Yet, there is something that
I cannot explain that just makes me, kind of, like these comics.

;-)

  /F

PS. Thanks, Even! DS.