Carl Barks Exhibition

M93 andresen at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 19:03:13 CET 1994

Good evening on the net!

  Who out there knows anything about the
  Carl Barks-Exhibition in the Wilhelm-Busch-
  Museum in Hannover (Germany) which is
  supposed to start in March?
  It's supposed to be in Munich as well.

  I only know that the originator of this exhibition
  (Gottfried Helnwein) just published a book
  called 'Wer ist Carl Barks' which presumeably
  is meant to accompany the event.
  This Book mainly contains magnified panels
  of Barks stories, sorted after characters
  (Donald, Gyro, Scrooge, etc..).
   I think this book gives a good impression
   of the visual marvellous work Barks has done, but
   it's nothing really new to the hard Barks-fan.

  Does anyone know if the exhibition in March
  will just contain these pictures out of the book
  or will there be some oils exhibited, too ?

  But anyway, I think I'm not gonna miss this exhib.!

Nikolaus.