Disney-comics digest #376.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 7 05:24:23 CEST 1994

MATTIAS:
	Oh, and I would never have even suggested you mention me or my
work at any Barks meeting, as I know it's the last thing he'd want to
hear! In fact, for the past few years, and especially during my last
trip to Europe when I knew Barks was on his way, I have made a point of
advising interviewers to be sure NOT to bring me up in order not to
spoil their interview, and I decline to explain that in depth as long as
they knew it would not go over well in their talk. I don't think I'll go
out of my way to tell people that any longer -- I mean, now I feel kinda
stupid for HELPING The Weasel to repress me. So, in the future I plan to
just let the chips fall where they may.

STEVE CROOKS:
	Again, your advice is good... but it's advice I'll never take. I
simply cannot bring myself to consider a simple cover to be something
I'd be proud of. I just can't think that way. I've tried that sort of
idea a bit, and I find it makes me very uncomfortable that I'm goofing
off and stealing the cover fee.

JAMES WILLIAMS:
	Gladstone tells you it's YOUR job to find an artist for a story
they've accepted? Or do you just want to help them? I can imagine that
they NEED your help, simply because it's virtually impossible to find
artists to put any effort into work that pays so little, requires so
much extra reworking (for free) to please the Disney people, pays no
royalties, and which the artist never gets returned. Why would any
artist want to do that sort of work when virtually any other form of
cartooning lets him share in the proceeds of his own efforts? Good luck
in your search.