Threats and tricks!

bjorn-are.davidsen@s.televerket.tele.no bjorn-are.davidsen at s.televerket.tele.no
Fri Jul 8 12:12:20 CEST 1994

Geir:

Thanks for your long and interesting look behind the scenes of Barks
trip to Norway!  As there is not very much chnaces for Barks getting
back I'll myself wave at you the next time I see you, so you'll see that
someone still likes you!

By the way, to avoid misunderstanding I think you may have spelt a
word a bit wrongly. When you wrote

> And I blame him because I feel humiliated by the way he threatens
> me and I know the other fans feel the same

I guess you must have meant "by the way he TREATS me...", as I don't
think Soeland dares to threaten you in any way.

I think also Don's feeling about Soeland in a way may be just as right
as yours, as Soeland like most other people behaves differently
according to who he is with. After being "pestered" with phones and
letters from Norwegian Barks fans for months due to rumours of Barks'
visit, I guess Soleand was more than a bit fed up with dealing with it.
Of course he should have done a lot better, but I think I just might kind
of begin to get some hints of part of the reason for his behaviour, after
thinking of Barks' age and having witnessed the fans at the Norwegian
Nobel Institute (by the way, when will the Swedes disclosure that
Barks gets this years prize?), and read your story about the hysteria
surrounding YOU at the University lecture and disco (perhaps you now
understand how Paul MCartney and certain others have had it?).

Good luck with the car, the kids and your cast to new Disney stories!

Bjoern-Are

Bjorn-Are