Grandma revisited

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at hyperion.pt.hk-r.se
Sun Jun 5 20:24:13 CEST 1994

Harry wrote:
>You forgot a (maybe too obvious?) reference:
>
>6) In Don Rosa's Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck...

No, I didn't forget. But as usual I wasn't clear enough on my
intentions. I just tried to list what was (theoretically) available
to Rota when he wrote Life in an Eggshell. By the way, I happened to
miss that part of LoS and won't read it until I get the Gladstone
edition. (Still, I knew about it, of course.)

>> 5) There is an Italian comic that translates to "The beheaded totem
>> pole" where Scrooge meets his "sister" for the first time.
>
>Did someone mention this one before? There must be quite an explanation
>in the story if Scrooge meets his sister for the first time. I met *my*
>sister shortly after I was born.

Oh yeah? I didn't meet my sister until age three. ;-) But anyway, my
memory of the story is too vague to answer that clearly. I think there
is some kind of explanation that she grew up in America and he in
Scotland either in that story or in any of the "past life of DD" stories
but as usual my memory fails me and anyway I'm pretty sure there was no
explanation as to WHY they grew up on different continents. I'll try to
find out more (as well as a code for the story) during the summer. No
promises, though.

  /F