Letter to Don Rosa.

Alex Agostini Alex_Agostini at smec.sel.sony.com
Thu Jun 9 22:28:01 CEST 1994

Don.

You have stated in many of your postings that you don`t get paid well for
your work, and Disney can take your work and reprint it to their hearts
content without giving you a penny.  Yet you continue to produce Duck
stories for Egmont because you love the Ducks.

This is a pity because you are quite good.  I loved the stuff from Barks,
and you are able to expand on Barks' work, and in most cases, you improve
on it.  I can tell you truly love doing what you do.  But you are being
treated poorly (like the creators of Superman were treated poorly).

Might I make a suggestion?  Why not do your own character, and take it to
Dark Horse or one of the other independent companies.  You could still do
Duck tales (pun not intended), but by owning your own stuff, you would be
paid better, and would not have to depend on Disney (or Egmont) as much as
you do now.  Again, this is just an idea I felt I should pass on to you.

A pity that an american can not do Duck stories here in the states, because
Disney will not return your artwork back, forcing you to work for a european
company.  And even worse, a pity that Disney comics are not as well read in
their own country as they are elsewhere in the world.

Alex Agostini			E-Mail:Alex_Agostini at smec.sel.sony.com
3 Paragon Drive MDS-200		Phone: (201) 358-4331
Montvale, N.J.  07645		Fax:   (201) 358-4977