Disney-comics digest #259.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Sat Mar 5 07:25:37 CET 1994

	Dear Folks,

	Don Rosa thought that the recent references to the "Back to
the Klondike" story were references to the color in Gladstone's early
(1987) album printing.

	Nope... just so you know, Don, Gladstone has just brought that
story to us AGAIN in UNCLE SCROOGE ADVENTURES #26.  That's the version
we've been discussing...

	Also, James Williams mentioned that MM failed because it was a
continued title.  Actually, Disney Comics' best-seller of all time
was, I believe, UNCLE SCROOGE #261 and 262 which printed Don Rosa's
"Return to Xanadu" in .... two parts.

	(Also note that WDC&S is now one of Gladstone's more
successful titles, according to John Clark.  It has continued stories,
Mickey ones no less.)

	As for whether Gottfredson can fit in single issues -- well,
many of the stories can if they're printed three strips to a page in
sideways format, the way Disney did it (and Gladstone now often does
it).  And if MM was to have 64-page issues every other issue like DDA
and USA now do, it could easily cram a longer Gottfredson into each of
those.

	Did I go ballistic?  Nope, I'm perfectly calm!  (When I have
the answer to the question that is.)  ;-)

	People look on me as the biggest Gottfredson fan around here,
but according to the IntroDUCKtion list, everyone else who listed a MM
artist among their favorite artists chose FG only.  No mention of
anyone else...

	What do people think of DONALD AND MICKEY's selections?

	So long, folks.

	David

	"I'm the Fuller Brush Man!  I'm givin' g'way free semple!"
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>