Disney comics the same?

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at carme.pt.hk-r.se
Thu Mar 17 15:47:58 CET 1994

Siggi wrote:
> Are the contents of Disney comics teh same all over the world? I mean
> the ratio between Donald stories and "irrelevant" stories such as
> Brother Rabbit and Big bad wolf.

I suspect that your Icelandish Disney comics come from some Egmont-owned
corporation and if so, they are basically the same throughout Scandinavia
and eastern Europe. Comics in northern Europe are also similar, although
not identical.

Completely different are the Italian comics, which you probably have in
Iceland in the form of pocket-sized paperbacks, never less than 100
pages. These are most common in southern Europe.

North America have the Gladstone line of comics, but any of our
Americans would have more in-depth knowledge about that than I do. I
don't know much about Africa, Latin America and Asia, although from what
I've seen, Asia and Africa is more like Scandinavia than anything else.

> I would like to subscribe to a slimmed down version of Disney comics
> since I feel that I am paying for the other stories, which I never read.

You probably want some of the Gladstone comics. Again, the American
members could tell you more, but perhaps Uncle $crooge or Donald Duck
would be what you're looking for. I don't know about Iceland, but here in
Sweden, subscription could be through any of the major comic shops or
NAFS(k); the Swedish donaldist association.

  /F