down, down, down (appropriate for ducks!)

Wilmer Rivers rivers at seismo.CSS.GOV
Fri Mar 18 05:09:26 CET 1994

Don Rosa writes:
> Then I'm doing a story that I've had in my head even longer...
> ever since 1959 when I saw "Journey to the Center of the Earth".

Hey!  Scrooge McDuck as James Mason!  Love it!  (But does this mean that
Donald has to be Pat Boone?  Yecch!!!  And who plays the role of the
real-life goose, Gertrude?)

> In fact, tomorrow I hafta take a day off and
> go to the University of Louisville to do research -- among other
> scientific problems I need to find sensible solutions to are how the
> Ducks can travel through the molten outer core, withstand the heat and
> (more significantly) the air pressure which should squash them to
> puree... and, also, why the #$&%* they want to be down there.

Are you open to suggestions from the public?  Since the Land Beneath the
Ground is my own professional bailiwick, I would be glad to e-mail you a
few technical pointers sometime within the next week, if you wouldn't
consider me to be a "nosey-parker" for doing so!  It would be nice at
long last to put my degree in geophysics to some **important** use!

Wilmer Rivers
rivers at seismo.css.gov

"Oh, me!  Oh, my!  What if the world is HOLLOW inside, like a tennis
ball?"  "Let's not even THINK about it!"  - HD&L