Chalker's IBO$M, New Zealand Gophers

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:16:52 CEST 1994

DON ROSA Wrote:

>JACK CHALKER'S "INFORMAL BIOGRAPHY OF $CROOGE McDUCK":
> [...] He uses ANY story that appears in U$ #1-71, regardless of
> who wrote or drew the tale. I can't figure this out, but that's the
> case [...] He also seemed to ignore lots of stuff that did NOT happen
> to appear in U$ comics.

But Don, Chalker does state in his introduction that he considers (for
whatever reason) only the stories appearing in Uncle $crooge to be
canonical.  That's why he ignores the others.

>[...] and that someone had told him that Barks wrote everything in first 71
>issues (though I assume he could see there were different artists).

The book's bibliography by Kim Weston explains why some of the non-Barks
stories were included.  (Only two were mentioned as being used--"Invisible
Intruder" and "Travel Tightwad.")

TORSTEN ADAIR Wrote:

>Therefore, I [...] gophered to Minnesota, selected the "all the gophers in
>the world", and then selected the following menu choices [...]

Wow!  You burrowed all the way to Minnesota and didn't even say "hello?"  :)

BTW, that's sounds like a neat trick using Gopher to mail a file back to
yourself.  I want to try it some day.

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I found my thrill on Killmotor hill..."   $crooge McDuck