...and only the ducks were real...

Mikko Henri Juhani Aittola maittola at snakemail.hut.fi
Wed Mar 30 12:19:45 CEST 1994

> Don Rosa wrote:
>
> ... And you notice there were no Disney DUCK comics? That was to show
> my idea that in the Duck Universe, Mickey Mouse and the other non-Duck
> characters are simply fictitious comic characters... only the Ducks are
> "real".

       I have always wondered why Duck-comics creators don't take
       advantage of the huge amount of 'Mouse Universe' characters.
       And of course vice versa.

       Why not bring for example The Phantom Blot (or whatever it is
       in English) to Duck Universe instead of the usual Beagle
       Boys-, Magica- and Glomgold-stuff.

       And if we push this little more further...Don, have you
       ever actually considered to shock the 'Mouse Universe' with
       your 'irritating details'?

         /Mikko