Disney-comics digest #317.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue May 3 06:44:25 CEST 1994

HARRY:
	Had you asked that question before? Another reason questions
might get ignored is that one doesn't SEE them.
	April, May and June? On checking, I see that these characters
(first appearing in Barks' great "Flipism" story in 1953) made so very
few appearances that I wonder how I ever knew who they were. At a
glance, I see them used only 4 times by Barks... in addition to the
Flipism tale, he used them in the two DAISY DUCK'S DIARY - FOUR COLORs
#1055 & 1150, in 1959 & 1960, not naming them until #1150. But Barks
did not WRITE these stories. Was his use of them in #1055 what the
scripter had in mind, or did Barks just dig the obscure Daisy-nieces
out of the back of his mind when the script called for dates for HD&L,
as the girls were in 1953? And WHO named them in #1150? The anonymous
scripter, I assume? And the 4th use I can find them used is in WDC&S
#308, in Barks' penultimate Donald ten-pager where he redefines Daisy
for future use (as he also reshaped Gladstone in the next issue, even
though he only used the two one last time in WDC&S #312 in his final
ten-pager).
	 Were there other uses? Now I can't even figure out how I ever
knew these characters since I don't think any of these four comics were
ones that I ever had as a youth.