April, May and June

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu May 5 11:16:00 CEST 1994

Thank you David and Don for your answers about the second appearance of
April, May and June. I asked that question looong ago, I think even before
you both were on the list.

If I summarize it, AM&J's chronology looks like this:

1. 1953 Barks' Flipism story, WDC 149 (not named yet)

2. 1959 Daisy Duck's Diary 1055, "The Double Date" (shown in the last panel,
        not named yet)

3. 1960 Daisy Duck's Diary 1150, "A Sticky Situation" (playing a bigger role
        in the story. They have names here according to Don)
        (AM&J also appear in a 1-page gag "Small Fryers")

4. 1960 Dell Giant #33 (Daisy D. and U$ Showtime). If this comic was
        published after DDD 1150, the Price Guide is wrong about it
        being the first (named) appearance of AM&J.

5. .... Some non-Barks comics?

6. 1966 Barks' "Daisy and Donald" story in WDC 308.

AM&J have at least been the backup-stories in the Ludwig Von Drake comic.
Was this before or after WDC 308?

David quoted Crone's index for the Dell Giant comic. Only two stories are
candidate to feature AM&J:

W Gia  33 01 16  DA+US TS PICNIC TIME                         KA 613102
W Gia  33 08  8  DA+US AH HAVE PENCIL,WILL TRAVEL             KA 613503

I have the Dutch version of the first one (If I'm not mistaken) and it
contains no AM&J. Can someone tell us more about the 'pencil' story?
I can't find it in Holland, and it has apparently been published in
Scandinavia in 1961.

--Harry.