Welcome Aboard

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Thu May 5 14:31:55 CEST 1994

>We have now a new insider on the list: Heidi Ace MacDonald, who is the
>comics editor for Disney Adventure Digest.  Welcome!

Heidi,

Welcome aboard and thank you for joining!  If you have any problems or
questions about this list or CompuServe, just ask.

I realized that when we met over on CompuServe, I never introduced
myself.  Consider this a belated introduciton.  My name is James
Williams.  I'm 30 years old and work as a network administrator for the
National Institutes of Health.  I'm married to a wonderful woman
who has never read a comic book, but has never done anything but
encourage my reading comics.  When I'm not working or reading comics, I
can be found either writing or watching cartoons.  Though I've read
comic books all my life, I'm relatively new to Disney comics.  I had the
misfortune of reading some very bad Gold Key Disney comics as a kid.  For
years, I despised Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.  It wasn't until I
discovered Carl Bark's work that I became interested in Disney.

Now that I've introduced myself, I wanted to ask you two questions:

First, how did you go from a columnist for the Comic Buyer's Guide (I
have fond memories of 'Hey Kids Comics') to Comics Editor for Disney
Adventure Digest?

Second, What exactly does the Comics Editor for Disney Adventure
Digest do?

James Williams