Disney-comics digest #330.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue May 17 04:48:33 CEST 1994

HARRY:
	I didn't know you sent me those Dutch Rosas. They showed up a
few days ago -- thanks very much!
	Putting them away, I noticed something that made me think about
the comment you said Michael Nadrop made about being irritated that I
swiped his cover idea. When they reprinted my "His Majesty McDuck", he
swiped MY cover idea (I guess it was him) and did a cover that was a
tracing of my cover, line for line, except in his style (i.e.: he left
out lotsa the lines). At least I substantially changed his cover, only
leaving the characters in the same general positions. (Oh, I know, his
gripe was about the fact that he wasn't given credit -- which is still a
mighty silly gripe considering they don't give ANY credits. Oh, well...)
	By the way, Tello does have his own studio of Disney comic
artists in Spain. His name is pronounced "Tell-you". I met him during
my very first trip over to Europe. When he left the room for a moment,
I asked the editor (good ol' Nancy Dejgaard, now retired), "Tell me
that fellow's name again, please". She said, "Tello." I said, "Yes, tell
me."  She says "Tello" again. I say, "Yes, please TELL ME, okay?"
"TELLO!" "Oh, never mind!" (That's a true story. I almost decided these
Europeans are crazy!)